Today I want to lay out a graduate Biblical Theology course that I will be doing onsite in the Spring for the School of Theology and Ministry. It will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 in Noggle. That's basically a fourteen week course with a finals week.
Textbooks: Brueggemann's, Old Testament Theology
Marshall's, New Testament Theology
I do want to write a biblical theology. Nothing out there really satisfies my longing. Most go biblical author by author, and the ones that don't are high Calvinist. Any publisher want to offer me a contract?
Week 1: What is Biblical Theology?
- including the history of biblical theology as a concept and movement
- interaction with Klink and Lockett
- biblical attributes of God in the OT
- biblical attributes of God in the NT
- creation stories of Genesis
- restoration in the NT
- theology of angels, demons, Satan
- theology of the Fall
- sin in the OT
- sin in the NT
- atonement in the OT
- atonement in the NT
- God's covenant with Israel
- parting of the ways?
- the values of Jesus' ministry
- the Lordship of Christ
- The pre-existent Christ
- The Trinity
- predestination and election
- conditions of salvation
- Spirit in the OT
- Spirit in the NT
- images of the Church in the NT
- baptism and communion
- love God with all your heart
- love your neighbor as yourself
- revelation in history
- moments of revelation