- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark, Matthew)
- "Father, forgive them. They do not know what they are doing." (Luke)
- "Today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke)
- "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." (Luke)
- "Woman, behold your son. Here is your mother." (John)
- "I am thirsty." (John)
- "It is finished." (John)
When we have lost our family, when we have no place to belong, Christ is full of compassion. He gives us each other as family in the church. When we have lost our way, when we have gone down the wrong path, he is longing to be with us and to see our souls restored.
When we enter the valley of the shadow of death, when we are in a dark night of our souls, Jesus gives us peace. He leads us through to the end, if we will surrender to his hands.