Thursday, January 01, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015

Here we go again.

Looking  Back
As far as last year's goals...
  • I did finish my NT series with Wesleyan Publishing. Acts and its devotionals have been done for about a year but should come out at the end of March. Hebrews through Revelation and its devotionals should come out at the end of June. That will complete my life application series on the whole New Testament for the Wesleyan Church. These are also being released with sermon series so that a pastor could preach through the content of the books while small groups in the church go through the six week devotionals.
  • I did read and critique some books: Bart Ehrman, Paul Ricoeur, George Gamow. I read parts of the Epic of Eden and Mark Wilson's Purple Fish.
  • I didn't finish N. T. Wright's tome, Paul and the Faithfulness of God.
  • I did a little more on Grudem but not as much as I hoped.
  • I did do some more in my walk through physics and calculus, but didn't make my page goals. I got distracted by reading some other science books.
  • I ran well in the summer, the best in years. Not doing so well now in winter. :-)
Looking Forward
1. I may try to write one serious book this year. We'll see. The working title I have in mind is The Way We Read. I may self-publish some lighter projects.

2. There are a number of books on my list to read this year. Perhaps I will try on Wednesdays to post a review of some chapter read each week. Here are some key ones for me:
  • Wright's Paul and the Faithfulness of God stays on the list.
  • Campbell's The Deliverance of God is on the list now.
  • I'd like to read Gadamer's Truth and Method in the first six months of the year.
  • I want to continue through Grudem on Saturdays but with a slightly different approach than the one that ended in this self-published volume. I want to work through more with this approach.
3. OK, back to running at least 3 times a week

4. Still hoping to get through my calculus and physics books by the time I'm 55 (note to self, 383, 526).

No comments: