Some of the highlights include:
- The sending of the 72 (symbolizes the nations, unique to Luke)
- The fall of Satan from the sky is probably not about his fall at the beginning but the fact that the exorcist ministry of Jesus and his disciples was dethroning Satan as the prince and power of the air on earth.
- Parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10.
- Notice how the material in Matthew's Sermon on the Mount is scattered throughout Luke.
- Notice Luke's woes on the Pharisees, parallel to Matthew 23.
- The Parable of the Rich Fool in Luke 12 reminds us of James 4:13-17.
- Luke 13:1-5 indicates that natural catastrophes are not necessarily God's judgments on the wicked. Just because you were in the Twin Towers on 9-11 doesn't mean you're more wicked than anyone else.
My personal take-away:
- It's not the Jesus way to pray down fire on those who don't receive the truth, especially when we are hiding the fact that we don't like them anyway.