Some of the special features of this section:
- Luke isn't as negative toward the Pharisees as Matthew. In fact, some Pharisees come to Jesus to warn him that Herod Antipas is trying to kill him.
- Parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15
- Parable of the Shrewd Manager is very bizarre in Luke 16, but it fits with the fact that Luke is very hard on the wealthy.
- The new NIV2011 has a better translation of Luke 17:21. The idea is not that the kingdom of God is inside you as an individual but that it is among us as a community of faith.
- The story of Zacchaeus is unique to Luke.
My biggest reminder:
- Don't assume you belong in the seat of honor. Take a lower seat and let the host call you to come up higher.