A number of verses have popped into my head recently. They were the harmony to the melody of life, reverberations of the string life plays. You can see they are not verses for personal edification but words of timeless wisdom that life called to mind.
1. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" (Prov. 15:1).
2. "The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" (Eccl 9:11).
3. "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).
4. "Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25).
5. "You are not able to serve the LORD... No! We will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:19).
6. "Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards" (Song of Songs 2:15).
Do you have any verses like these? Not necessarily verses of promise that get you through, but verses that when you read you think, "Yep, life's like that."