Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hunger Games cometh...

My wife Angie bought us tickets to the midnight opening of Hunger Games tonight so after a short nap I find myself looking for something to do for thirty minutes.  Our youngest don't know they're about to be awoken in thirty minutes, although they had begged to go.

We read the Hunger Games series with our youngest two just before and in Germany.  I remember being very impressed with the first volume of the series, thinking it was profound enough to be more than just a good movie.  It could become the kind of classic you read in a high school literature class. I never felt that way about the Harry Potter series, although they are also quite clever, just not profound IMHO.

This has to be the first time that I've read a book before seeing the movie.  Usually, my wife and step daughters are disappointed with the movie when they do that.  I'll have to see what my experience is tonight.

There, I used up 10 minutes...

1 comment:

Brian Small said...

I have had some of my students tell me about the book. I would be interested in your reaction to the movie.