1. Electrical Current
This module has to do with measuring current and voltage in series circuits. The multimeter it pictures is out of date (analog), so there was a lot in this long section that is more or less irrelevant. I've pasted in a picture of my multimeter below. The black lead goes on the negative. The red lead goes on the positive. A few key points:
- When using the ammeter function, the multimeter needs to be connected in series. That means all the current needs to run through the meter.
- You disconnect the power when connecting, then energize the circuit for measurement.
- Current in a series circuit will have the same value everywhere in the circuit.
- A series circuit is a circuit where there is only one path for circuit flow.
- A parallel circuit is one where there is more than one path for current to flow. Each path is called a "branch."