Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday Book: Nijay Gupta's Worship that Makes Sense to Paul

Skimmed through Nijay's dissertation this weekend, far overdue. I was interested in what he thought the significance of Paul's temple imagery was with regard the cessation of the temple. It wasn't his primary focus but he set me on to a good footnote trail. Trying to finish up a long overdue manuscript on Hebrews by January 1.

If you don't know Gupta, he is a force to be reckoned with, teaching at George Fox. His conclusion on the temple fit with my thesis. Both Paul and Acts were "works in progress," and we would not expect them yet to have a wholesale replacement theology of the physical temple by the body of Christ at this point in history.

2 comments:

Nijay Gupta said...

Hi Ken! thanks for the post. Obviously you saw my footnotes, but check out Gemeinde Ohne Tempel (WUNT), and also Gathercole edited, Heaven on Earth: The Temple in Biblical Theology. Also this guy name Jimmy Dunn wrote a nice book Partings of the Ways and Beginning from Jerusalem! ;)

Ken Schenck said...

I have Gemeinde. Thanks for the tip on Gathercole. I'll also have to check out that Dunn guy. :-)