Monday, November 02, 2015

Disagree with Schenck Day!

I had a fun idea yesterday (although we'll see how fun it actually turns out). Why don't I invite everyone to mention some issue they disagree with me on. I'm not looking for a fight (and I hope you don't fight with each other). I just think it would be interesting to know what percentage of the time people actually like or agree with what I post here.

So how about it? Are there some positions I've sketched out here over the years that you don't like? What percentage of the time would you say you like what I post?

Again, I hope we won't end up with food fights. Talk to me rather than to each other. :-)

2 comments:

Angie Van De Merwe said...

I "talk" to you often about my opinion (whether you like it or not :) ). So I do take it up with you! Thanks for listening (if you do).
Your posts focus my thinking, and I think it has sharpened it, at least that is what I hope.

I continue to think about some of your posts and even after I respond, I might think further or find other articles that might enlighten the subject of interest for me, at least.

You are a teacher and the best teachers do not control the thoughts of the student but help the student to grapple and develop their own thinking skills, and in doing so, help the student to come to terms with their own values/commitments, broaden the student's perspective to/on other viewpoints, and develop the student's understanding of himself in the process. It has helped me think beyond the what, but, to the why I choose to conclude about the subject matter. All ideas lead to consequences that play out in the real world. So all philosophy is political, and that has major impact on humans, broadly speaking.

Ken Schenck said...

Post any time! I read them. Glad to call you friend.