Earlier this morning I posted the last post on the Church (ecclesiology) in my "theology in bullet points" series. This Sunday I hope to start the second to last section of the whole enterprise, on sacraments.
So here are all the links in the series thus far:
Part 1: God and Creation
God and Creation (online)
God and Creation (book form)
God and Creation (Kindle book)
Part 2: Christ and Salvation
Christ and Salvation (online)
Part 3: The Holy Spirit and the Church
The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit (pneumatology)
1. The Holy Spirit is a distinct person, but one in substance with the Father and Son.
2. The Holy Spirit enacts the will of the Father and Son in the world.
3. The Spirit sanctifies the Church.
4. The Spirit sanctifies the believer.
The Doctrine of the Church (ecclesiology)
1. In Christ, the Spirit creates the Church.
2. The true Church is an "invisible" church.
3. The invisible Church meets in visible churches.
4. The Church is one body, although it has many members.
5. There is no one, correct form of church governance.
6. There are likely elements to church governance.
7. The Church is in the world, but not of the world.
8. The Church has worship as its central and most important task.
9. The Church participates in God's mission to the world.
10. The Church disciples and nurtures God's people.