Monday, December 08, 2014

Looking at a Purple Fish...

This is the week I dive in to the waters of Purple Fish, a new book by Mark Wilson, whom I consider a good friend and a incredible pastor.


This morning I read the first four chapters and I can tell you this: Mark is a good writer. The style is incredibly easy to read, completely transparent, and it pulls you along. Those of us who grew up under the pressure to witness to anyone, anywhere, no matter what they were doing or how annoying we were to them... we will find ourselves laughing at Mark's own guilt stories. How many of us felt guilty not to stop--not to help but to inquire about the eternal destiny of someone having car trouble on the side of the road?

I'm just started, but Mark's honesty is refreshing as he shares his own pilgrimage with evangelism. At the end of the fourth chapter, he has a personal breakthrough.

More to come...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading his book when it first came out. I think I sat down and read the entire thing straight through. I couldn't put it down!