Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Blessed with Craig Keener's volumes on Acts!

I'm trying to get my head around the magnitude of even the first two volumes of Craig Keener's commentary series on Acts with Baker Academic. I'm jealous that Asbury has biblical scholars of such exhaustive and profound knowledge! The third volume (and he will not have finished Acts yet even with that), is currently scheduled to come out in October.

I tell you the truth, thus far I had not found a resting place, a base camp commentary for the book of Acts. This will now be the first one I pick up. I have added it to my astore of resources. I am just completely dumbfounded at the immensity of his work here!

Thanks to Craig and Baker Academic for the copies! I inaugurated them this morning with Acts 13:2 and the connotation of leitourgeo. He has four pages with copious footnotes on just this one verse! He's almost at 2200 pages at the end of Volume 2. Each volume even comes with a CD-ROM with copious sources and indices.

I think I'm going to go work in a factory in Mother Russia.

No comments: