I guess today is π day. Good for it.
The top ten things I like about π:
10. It's irrational.
9. It's Greek, like my wife (okay, she's only a quarter Greek, so π/4)
8. I like circles.
7. You need it to figure out the area of circles and spheres.
6. In middle age, my belly is increasingly round.
5. It's used in radian measure (which, come to think of it, I don't actually like)
4. The Greek word for Dad begins with it: πατηρ.
3.It never ends (3.1415926535323...)
2. It's the language of God. We only think base 10's the bomb because we have 10 fingers. The
irrationals are the base of God. Does God actually think in base ɛ?
1. It's rather tasty, especially cherry π.