My three warnings are:
- Avoid "three wise men" syndrome.
- Value Truth more than tradition.
- Remember the mission.
- It seems to be built out of a fictional urban legend regularly forwarded as email spam that I have heard repeatedly throughout my life.
- The philosophy professor has all the makings of a straw man. Any atheist professor of this sort should be fired from any respectable secular university. Although I can believe there are professors like this who exist out there, they would be mocked and considered incompetent by other atheist philosophy professors. Philosophy is about asking questions, not about indoctrination.
- It assumes a debatable model of faith, where faith is a matter of proof. It is a very popular apologetic but one that can be questioned. For me, the best model is one in which God comes to us rather than us trying to rationally come to God.