I hinted last week on the 9th anniversary of the blog that I've often felt whiplash here.
- Some posts are specific to my denomination, which can at times seem bizarre to broader friends and scholars. You have two tiers of membership? You don't allow members to drink moderately?
- Some posts are mostly for fellow scholar bloggers, which can be alarming to lay people. What do you mean the NT reads the OT in a fuller sense?
- Some posts are shared by some Wesleyans but even more by my broader Christian friends. You think that about immigration, Ken?
So here's my strategy:
- There is plenty opportunity on Facebook now to have inner Wesleyan type discussions. I think I will mostly take those sorts of posts there.
- I more and more think that there's a reason for a lot of scholarly conversation to take place among people who understand where the conversation is coming from (and who don't have designer pitchforks in their sheds). I think I'll try to do more of my scholarly work the old fashion way... in Microsoft Word.
I look forward to your thoughts and feedback. We'll see how it works!