Sunday, September 01, 2013

Genesis 2:7 in Hebrew

Do you like these?  (Read the second line from right to left)

וַיִּיצֶר יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים
    God       YHWH   and formed

"And YHWH God formed..."

אֶת־הָֽאָדָם עָפָר מִן־הָאֲדָמָה
the ground    from   dust     the man    [direct object marker]

"... the man [from] the dust of the ground..."

וַיִּפַּח   בְּאַפָּיו  נִשְׁמַת חַיִּים 
   life         breath of    his nostrils in    and he breathed

"And he breathed in his nostrils the breath of life..."

וַֽיְהִי הָֽאָדָם לְנֶפֶשׁ חַיָּֽה
living  soul [a] to   the man   and he was

"... and the man became a living soul."

3 comments:

Susan Moore said...

Yea, and how do you get your computer to type out Hebrew? Is there an app or something that converts the English keys to Hebrew? I could study and practice more or better if I could use my computer instead of paper and pen.
Thanks!
Susan

Ken Schenck said...

I'm cutting and pasting from Blue Letter Bible.

Susan Moore said...

שור
(Bull)
Just practicing, I figured it out (Remember, 'bumbling idiot'). The letters look different on the keyboard. I hope I got it right.
Susan