The idea is something like Netflix.
- I pay a monthly fee to have access to electronic books on Amazon or Google.
- I access those eBooks like I would access books in a library. I check one or two out at a time. Return them. Check out the next one.
So here's what would be my perfect world:
- Google/Amazon have all books in electronic format.
- You have a subscription, to where you pay a very small amount for every page you access.
- An even smaller amount is paid to each publisher/author each time a page of their book is accessed.
- Or you can purchase the book electronically because you will be accessing that book regularly.