Thursday, September 10, 2009

Books Received-9-10-09

I've bought more books this summer till now than I think I ever had in such a short period of time. Most of them have had to do with the Missional Church course for the seminary, a few in spiritual formation, a few in leadership (Russ Gunsalus has no shortage of laughter to see books like Good to Great, How the Mighty Fall, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Leaders, Made to Stick, etc. now sitting on my desk along with Planting Missional Churches and How to Pray.

But I've also bought not a few in New Testament. I shelved some just now that I hope don't recede into my subconsciousness:

Paul's Early Period by Rainer Riesner
Acts and the History of Earliest Christianity by Martin Hengel
The Gospel of Luke by Joel Green (yes, I know I should have had that one a decade ago)
The Origin of Paul's Gospel by Seyoon Kim
The Philosophy of History by Mark Day
Cultural Intelligence by David Livermore
Across the Spectrum: Understanding Issus in Evangelical Theology by Gregory Boyd and Paul Eddy.

I'll stop there. I've blurred off into other subjects. Now when will I read these??!!

No comments: