Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hello from General Conference

Don't have much time to post this weekend. I'm at the General Conference of the Wesleyan Church, mainly exploring the possibility of the Wesleyan Church finally having its own seminary. We think we are on to some innovative possibilities, if of course accreditating bodies think they are worthy.

If I had time for a full post, I might post my reflections on the juxtaposition of the first 40 pages of Everything Must Change by Brian McLaren (that I read on the plane down) and the missions service here Saturday night. Very interesting.

For all its eccentricities, denominational families are, well, families. People you know at every turn, and they're all in a good mood... at least until the business sessions begin tomorrow. See Keith Drury's blog for that scoop!

1 comment:

Mike Cline said...

I'm just now catching up on all the action of General Conference. Thanks so much for being willing to blog it all out for us that couldn't be there.

I've already heard about Lyons being elected, but now I can read about it from a firsthand witness. :)

I'd be curious to hear more about your juxtaposition of McLaren's book with what you heard down at the conference. Please give me more fuel...