Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Thoughts: Another School Year Past

Today begins finals at IWU. A bit of test taking or grading and the coveted summer months are upon us.

It's been an interesting year. There's been intermittent seminary planning, my experimental Hebrews course, reading groups ancient and contemporary. A new set of students has come in from high school and matured to become "wise fools" (sophomores). Another group will launch out into the abyss of the post-college world (which, given delayed adolescence these days, still gives them another ten years to find themselves).

I feel like I've learned a lot too. Somehow, over the course of the year, this blog has gone to practically one post a day. Sundays are explanatory or preaching notes. Mondays are more laid back, more general. Fridays are for book reviews. The rest gets filled in with odds and ends.

The summer I plan to continue the pattern:

Sunday: Preaching Notes on Hebrews (through May), Galatians (June), Philippians (July), and Romans 1-6 (August)

Monday: In the news, general thoughts

Tuesday: Explanatory Notes on the books above.

Wednesday: Writing or Book Review

Thursday: Explanatory Notes on the books above.

Friday: Book Review

Saturday: Writing or Book Review

At least that's the plan... Happy Summer!

2 comments:

Keith Drury said...

Thanks Ken for all the thoughtful posts... I read every one and you helped me think.

Since I actually have a summer during the summer I'll miss you the next four months... I hope you accept make-up work in September.

Have great summer! Off to the mountains!

Ken Schenck said...

I think I would enjoy one or two weeks of hiking... after that I think I would go berserk unless I was stopping to write something along the way :-)