Saturday, April 05, 2008

Greek Infinitives

I had to miss my Greek class yesterday. We were presenting the recommendation of a Seminary Task Force to IWU's Board of Trustees. They unanimously voted for continued development. So far so good--keep praying...

If I had made it to class, we were to cover Greek infinitives yesterday. We are almost done with Mounce--two more chapters I think. Here are some vodcasts for anyone who would like something in addition to the reading in Mounce.

We begin with infinitive forms and the basics:

The second vodcast relates to some idioms and special translation issues having to do with infinitives. It is unfortunate that some of the most important Greek constructions only come into play at the end of the Greek textbook. Yet these are a major element in the seminary Greek competencies I know about. Sorry my marker was giving up the ghost toward the end.

No comments: