Saturday, February 11, 2006

CafeTutor update

Rather than reformat the things I've done so far, I've gone ahead and put my basic Greek verb click picks in the free section. The next entries, "Greek Subjects and Objects," will be for sale within the week.

So feel free to get an increased taste for how the Greek tutorials will work. Future ones will use animation for the white board, so will require less memory.

The current ones require some patience. I've given instructions for saving them to your hard drive. But if you want to see them online, you'll have to be patient until they download. In other words, watch the grey line move. The video will stop playing if it catches up to the downloading. You then either have to wait for the grey line to move on ahead or you could pull the circle back to the beginning and start playing again. But if you pressure Internet Explorer, it will revolt and shut down. You might go to the page and then make a sandwich or something until it gets well underway.

Some of you will know that I started a series called the Great Ideas Diary. I don't plan to do an entry this weekend, but next Sunday I'll do a 5 minute piece on Book 2 of Vergil's Aeneid. I'm also about ready to do one on Physics, on speed, velocity, distance and displacement.

Enjoy or inflict as necessary...

3 comments:

Kevin Wright said...

I just have one question. Is there anything that you're not a certified genius on?

Joy said...

um, where are the links to all this marvelous material?

Ken Schenck said...

www.cafetutor.com

The great ideas ones are up to date. The physics video is in phase 2 of creation. You can find a good deal of this stuff on the new google video search. Go to "more" and then "video" and search for Schenck, Greek, etc...