Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Schenck Wednesday Great Ideas Lunch

I am planning to read something of classic literature Wednesdays at lunch in the IWU cafeteria. Anyone who can join me is welcome. My goal is to get around to reading all the things I've never gotten around to reading.

For my inaugural lunch, I'm planning on reading Plato's Timaeus, his most in depth cosmological work. You can find the text at the following links:

English: http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

Greek: http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0179:text=Tim.:section=17a

Next Wednesday I plan to read Philostratus' Life of Apolonias of Tyana, a famous miracle worker sometimes said to bear some similar characteristics to Jesus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken
If I lived in Marion, you would be to deep for me.

Kevin Wright said...

All of the cool stuff started happening after I left IWU. Have fun with the Timaeus and Plato's doctrine of creation. Oh that crazy Demiurge, always up to no good.

Keith Drury said...

gee, don't know if I'll get my homework done in time...

Ken Schenck said...

Craig, I don't think deep is the first thing that comes to most people's mind who know me :)

Keith, I'm hoping I can get my homework done--it's 11pm and I'm just getting home from work.

Kevin, it's only because we're trying to drown our sorrows in Playdoe at the loss of your mind... :)

Anonymous said...

Craig,
I can vouch for his "deepness" since I was one of his students, but he is an awesome man! :) And Schenck, I do come on and read these messages (and yours too Coach D!)and it never ceases to amaze me how theological you really are! But thank you for being a "theological man of God" and keep pushing! Even Though I TRULY don't understand the theological issues (Like Craig said deep) it's still fun to read :)