Saturday, July 08, 2023

The Week in Review (July 8, 2023)

1. I spent the week at Silver Lake Wesleyan Camp in Ontario. I was the Bible teacher, and we made our way through Romans "backward," following the lead of Scot McKnight. It was undoubtedly my best experience yet teaching through Romans. It was a great group, real "Bereans," all eager to engage.

God is really using Dave and Lynette Mason in a mighty and magical way there. There's always something new. Record number of people on the grounds. Record One Day Give ($85,000 and growing). The secret sauce? They just love on people. They just worship and fellowship together. It's like Antioch before people came up from HQ.

It was good to reconnect with Wayne and Monica Lewis, president of Houghton and his wife. This year had some unexpected turbulence at Houghton, but they seem to have come out of it well. After his evening services, you wouldn't have known he doesn't preach for a living! 

2. I haven't had much time this week to think of much more than Romans and my day job this week. I may do some recordings on Romans, but my weekly podcast currently has a couple other items on the list in front. I may postpone one of them if I am in a Romans-creating groove.

3. I think I'll leave it at that. On the whole, this stretch of Canada is a peaceful place. I've had my poutine, so with maple syrup in hand, it's back home again in Indiana.

No comments: