Saturday, January 01, 2022

New Year's Goals (2022)

And now for New Year's resolutions. Last year's post was relatively short. Here goes for this year. Too much as usual.

Personal
  • Since I'm working from home, to treat each morning a little more like I were going to an office. Begin days with spiritual disciplines. Have more peace in my spirit.
  • Run. I'm going to set the goal of 750 miles for this year (about 15 miles a week) with at least one half-marathon somewhere in there. 
  • We'll see if I continue taking courses with ASU toward finishing my chemistry degree. Physics I: Mechanics would be up next. These are largely repeat-courses for me still at this point, but my brain is much older than it used to be. 
Reading
  • Let me put down the modest goal of reading one book a month outside what I need to read for other reasons. Surely one, solid book a month is not too much to ask? My January target is Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman (roughly 15 pgs a day). 
Writing
  • I hope to be more diligent in self-publishing the Explanatory Notes I've already done orally on YouTube. (for a record, I'm currently at 8363 subscribers)
  • I have self-published some things for my youngest children. The current project is titled, "Key Verses of the Bible." 
  • Again, it would be nice to write a peer-reviewed book this year.
Podcasting, etc
  • I plan to continue my "Through the Bible in Ten Years" series on YouTube and Patreon
  • I may start a more informal weekly podcast called, "The Bible and More." Perhaps I'll drop it onto Patreon on Fridays around noon.
  • I may put some of the skills I've learned in coding and animation to work.
These are not all my goals, but I'm embarrassed to say how many things I have bouncing through my head.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

God's best in your choices in 2022!

Ken Schenck said...

Thank you! I hope your year is blessed!