Thursday, August 27, 2020

Night Classes

So the fall semester begins Monday. As usual, I have too many things I want to be doing. What if I put together "night classes" to help me focus each day?

Wednesday-Thursday: My Thursday nights are already taken with the course Rethinking Evangelicalism. This is going to be good and require some reading. So why don't I designate Wednesday night as a reading night?

Monday: Explanatory Notes write up. I have been doing a series on YouTube and Patreon called, "Through the Bible in Ten Years." Since no one is calling me to write commentaries, I thought I would pull a John Wesley and write up Explanatory Notes to self-publish. Unfortunately, I'm behind as usual. Mark's notes are about half done. 1-2 Thessalonians are mostly done. Now I'm trying to write up what I've done in Revelation. Why not designate Monday night for this "class," with a new chapter posted on Tuesdays?

Tuesday: I started teaching myself Armenian. How about Tuesday night as Armenian night?

Friday: Science and Math night. I haven't given up on working through some textbooks I started 10 years ago in physics, calculus, and chemistry. My unofficial goal is one YouTube video a weekend.

Saturday-Sunday: Hebrews reading and writing it is.

If I could follow this pattern, I would be pleased. We'll see.

No comments: