Monday, July 13, 2020

Book Bucket List

It's the weekend. I have been trying to finish on a 10,000 word writing project. Hopefully there will be some posts on Hebrews to help me get my head around stuff.

But I thought I'd jot down some writing projects old and new to get them out of my head and serve as goals.

Four Views...
I started this book back in 2004. Normally my goal is to get scholarly level books out of my head in ten years. I'm behind. :-)

Salvation...
I started this one in 2011. I could still make 10 years in theory. :-)

Greek for Ministers and Scholars
Most of this one is written. Had a contract to write this one over a decade ago, but didn't return it at the time. Now it would have to be self-published. Still hope to.

Hebrew for Ministers and Scholars
A similar one... to self-publish

How to Read the Bible
This is another failure. Over half written. Still want to finish whether it can be published or not.

A Biblical Theology
This one has been gnawing at me for about five years.

The Platonic Fallacy
I'd like to write one bona fide "scholarly" philosophy book.

Collection of Essays
I already have enough articles and chapters published to publish a collection of essays on Hebrews, but they are not evenly distributed. Hebrews 1, 3, 5, 8-10 and several book level. If no one is ever going to ask me to write a serious commentary, I'd at least like to publish a monograph collection of individual studies. This could start as a targeted program of article publication to fill in the gaps.

Novels
I've started over 50 novels since before England. Finished three (Gabriel's Diaries). Here are some others I'd like to finish:
  • At least two more in the Gabriel's Diaries series
  • Schrodinger's Equation
  • Raphael's Diaries

No comments: