Thursday, May 25, 2017

Summer Inductive Bible Study

Playing with an idea. I have a book mostly on Inductive Bible Study that I need to finish. It's with Pickwick so it's not something I feel good about blogging through here every day. But blogging really helps me write too.

So here's the thought. I can set up a "course" in coursesites.com for the summer. I would gladly accept a free will offering to get into the course. :-) Participants have to be added to the space to get in. It's not public.

Here would be the writing schedule. I would put up material daily in there by chapter. There would be a discussion board for each week where anyone participating could comment or ask questions. I have already written some, but need to finish it up this summer:

"How to Read the Bible: The Bible as History and Sacrament"
May 29 - Two Ways to Read the Bible
June 5 -  Language and Bible Translations
June 12 - Observing Details
June 19 - How Words Work
June 26 - Seeing the Big Picture
July 3 - Situations in History
July 10 - Cultural Contexts
July 17 - Old Testament Genres
July 24 - The New Testament Use of the Old
July 31 - New Testament Genres
August 7 - The Christian Canon
August 14 - Biblical Theologies
August 21 - Sacrament and History

Anyone interested?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interested! I am just finishing capstone this week so I have been wondering what I could do next, let me know if this happens.

Unknown said...

Sure. Let me know what you decide.

Ken Schenck said...

Thanks! I have actually set up this space with coursesites. If you want to follow me through the writing, feel free to contact me (kennethschenck.gmail.com). Feel free to donate if you like it (button now set up on my blog above at top right). I'll post the first material on Monday.