Friday, December 19, 2014

Faiths of Post-War Presidents

Received this book in the mail today from the author:

I'm grateful for the copy. I have the unpopular opinion that it can actually be detrimental for a President to let specific faith ideas determine his or her decisions too much as President. Let theologians hammer out Christian ideas. I prefer a President who is a good Pietist, not an armchair theologian.

So I would like a President to have Christian virtues like love, joy, peace, patience, compassion, goodness, self-control. But specific Christian ideologies can be dangerous in leaders, in the same way that a little knowledge can be dangerous. In general--even in many Christian institutions--I prefer leaders who have a Christ-like heart and are actually good leaders with good leadership sense.

No comments: