Tuesday, October 15, 2013

MOOC, anyone?

I think anyone can teach a MOOC using Blackboard's public face, CourseSites.  It occurred to me that instead of blogging as much in the Spring, I could offer an informal, not for credit course for 8 weeks or so.  I'd probably charge $10 for registration.

I doubt enough people would be interested to make it worth the time, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Here are some of the courses I've taught over the years: Greek, Hebrew, Latin, Paul's letters, Hebrews, Jewish literature between the testaments, Jewish afterlife traditions, Bible Study Method, New Testament Survey, philosophy, ???.  Languages would require multiple courses to get someone to where they could pass a competency exam somewhere.

The format of a MOOC is usually a series of videos with quizzes, optional discussion, and sometimes a final project.  Anyone interested?  If you were, what would pique your interest?

A random thought...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Intro to Greek or philosophy, alternative views to eschatology?

Steven Jones said...

Jewish Lit and Traditions would be useful, and is not so commonly taught.
Also, what about something a little edgier, such as Greek philosophical traditions in the NT?

Josh and Jaclyn said...

1) Jewish literature between testaments; 2) Could also use a Greek refresher.

Susan Moore said...

Any of the above, and Hebrew. Been focusing on OT first because prior to my healing I was never able to follow things chronologically, now it amazes me; to see ideas, people, languages and cultures 'grow' over time. But that's just me. I'll go with the flow.

Phil Wiseman said...

I'd be all over a Hebrew course if you offered it, especially if it could help me get to where I need to be to pass a competency exam.

Paul Tillman said...

Jewish literature between the testaments & Jewish afterlife traditions

Ken Schenck said...

If I did Jewish afterlife traditions, maybe I could finish a book I've been piddling at for about 10 years...

Unknown said...

A basic intro to the Greek or Hebrew language would be good.

Anonymous said...

Something of a practical and potentially international bent perhaps.... a compelling presentation of Christianity rather like a MOOC Alpha Course??