Monday, March 04, 2013

First Grudem Review Self-Published

I've taken my reviews of the first section of Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology, his section on the "Word of God"; I've edited it; I've self-published it in both Kindle and print-on-demand format.  The print version is about 85 pages long.

Print version


Kindle Version


Here's the blurb I put on the back:

"Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology is widely influential. It is well laid out, easy to understand, and has components that make working through it a spiritual experience. The problem is that it is wrong at a number of fundamental points.

"This is the first of seven booklets summarizing and evaluating Grudem's theology. This first booklet evaluates his theology of Scripture, whose underlying problem is that it is riddled with anachronistic thinking. Grudem neither fully knows how to read the books of the Bible in context, nor is aware of how fundamentalist Reformed influences have skewed his interpretations of Scripture."

Now on to his section on the Doctrine of God...

5 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

The bold terms ("Kindle version" and "Print version") don't seem to work as links.

Perhaps they weren't supposed to.

Ken Schenck said...

The boxes are the links... you can press on them.

Martin LaBar said...

Interesting. I didn't see any boxes, or prices, in Firefox. However, they were there when I (horrors!) used Internet Explorer.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

I think the links don't work for some of us because we use ad-blocking software.
This project is a good idea. I wonder if what you write will appeal to the sort of people who are inclined to read Grudem though.

Ken Schenck said...

Probably not, but I already am getting notes from appreciative Arminians who have more or less been stuck with him. :-)