Friday, May 20, 2011

Writing All Nighters...

All right, all right, I got about four and a half hours of sleep.  I'm a wimp.  I've been trying to get over the hump on the Romans 1-8 devotional I'm supposed to have finished a long time ago.

Sometimes thoughts just flow and sometimes it's like pulling teeth.  This particular assignment is hard because the format is fairly rigid and segmented.  But it comes out being almost like a mini-commentary with application every ten verses or so.  I was really happy with the ones on Philippians and 1 Thessalonians.

But after pulling teeth for weeks, I have been cranking out about 450 words an hour since yesterday afternoon, with a brief crash in the middle ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken!

I was right there with you... I made it until about 3am before my writing became incoherent...

Good times!

-Nate

Ken Schenck said...

;-) But for you it is finished now... I still have about 20 hours left on the devotional, not to mention a smidge of grading still ;-)

Angie Van De Merwe said...

I'm glad you will get a reprieve from it "all", when you go to Germany! When do you all leave?

Rick Dykema said...

I feel your pain...

By the way, I'm not sure if I should read into this in any way, but I had to write the word "twit" below...

Ken Schenck said...

It would have to be the Lord or some other spiritual force ;-)

Eugenio said...

We're currently using your I Thessalonians study book in our community group and everyone is loving it and getting a lot from it. We plan to use more Schenck books in the future! Please do keep writing...

A fan in TX