Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009!

It doesn't feel as futuristic as that number sure seemed twenty or thirty years ago! I certainly thought we'd be further along scientifically by now. I imagine we actually are... just not in terms of space exploration, antigravity and stuff :-)

Anyone have any New Year's resolutions? I figured I might read Calvin's Institutes with the Princeton crowd since I've never read them. A couple other reading goals but who cares. And maybe I'll actually finish one of my novels this year. I have one on page 64. There's an Amazon/Penguin novel contest but there's no way I could finish it by February 9th unless I locked myself away...

2 comments:

Jennie Joy said...

Well- maybe if you have a breakdown someone will come to lock you away and you can have some time to devote to your novel.

What sort of novel is it?

Ken Schenck said...

Not the novel I most want to write (I've started about 25) but one that maybe has the best chance to sell. It's Harry Potter meets Highlander... ;-)