Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New Category Heading: Happy Muse Day

Sorry I'm pummeling the web today.

Sometimes I am particularly happy with the way something comes out as I write, thus the new blog category, "Happy Muse Day." I was particularly happy today with these sentences:

"Hebrews as a whole is an exercise in the fact that the things most assumed and known in conversation are often the things least likely to be mentioned explicitly. The author does not need to mention his name, where he is located, where the audience is located, when he is writing, or that he is writing in response to questions about atonement and the humiliation of association with Judaism in the wake of the temple and Jerusalem’s destruction. The audience already knew these things all too well."

1 comment:

Keith Drury said...

I love it when you write those delightful paragraphs!