Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Changing of the Year

Do you have any New Year’s resolutions this year? Feel free to post any you would like to share below.

Here’s a short list for me:

1. An IWU Seminary Task Force has been activated! The MDiv curriculum is already approved. One goal for this year is to see the approval for an IWU residential seminary to house it. If the Lord wills, The Wesleyan Church will at long last have its own seminary!

2. Finish writing the new philosophy textbook for IWU’s College of Adult and Professional Studies.

3. Seal the deal and write the better part of a book project in the area of biblical studies (I’m still waiting to hear back on a proposal in process).

4. Get back to running consistently.

5. Take my family on a big vacation somewhere.

How about you? Any goals for this year?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted my goals here. At the top of the list I have finishing book reviews for all the books that publishers sent me by April. At the bottom of the list I want to see more movies in 2008.

I pray that God bless you in your endeavors. Happy New Year!

Keith Drury said...

RE: #4... would "consistently" be 3X a week, once a week or twice a semester... a bit more specificity and we can hold you accountable ;-)

(OK before you ask... for me I'll match 3Xweek running by you with 500 miles backpacking before next Christmas... you in?

Ken Schenck said...

I had in mind 3X a week. You're on if my 3X a week means I have to meet the wellness requirement all this year...

Mike Cline said...

A few "resolutions" of mine:

(1) Start my initial 200 hours of interning in both a traditional local church, and progressive church setting (perhaps Waite Park Wesleyan Church and a Christarchy New Monastic group).

(2) Get at least half way through the writing process of a book about some possible pitfalls in twentysomething theology I've noticed.

(3) Listen more, talk less. Actually be "in the moment" rather than having my mind wander off when someone is speaking to me.

(4) Follow along with The Schenck through the book of Hebrews. :-)