Sunday, January 29, 2006

Great Ideas Diary

Last Sunday I started the "Great Ideas Diary" on CafeTutor.com: http://www.cafetutor.com/gidiary1.html . The idea is that roughly every week I will put on about a 5 minute piece on some topic of interest to me. [The rest of the site is still running but I'm planning to revamp the format over the next few weeks]

I plan on rereading Plato's Apology this week, Plato's account of the trial of Socrates. If you want to read to finish by next Sunday, it's roughly 3 sections a day (probably a little less than 3 pages a day). I plan to post about 5 minutes of reflection on it a week from Monday (Feb. 6).

I would definitely place the Apology on the top "50 Great Idea Books of All Time" list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's disgusting is that if you didn't feel like reading it in Greek, you could just translate it into Latin and read it like that. Of course, you could also just change the Latin to German for the more modern man.

You are too educated, Ken Schenck.

Just kidding. Knoweldge is virtue.

Ken Schenck said...

If you only knew how my knowledge of these things dwarfs beside others... When I think of the people in the 1800's who put our New Testament Dictionaries together, I feel like I should be shoveling manure (no offense to manure shovellers--an honorable trade to be sure).