Wednesday, December 12, 2018

For Patrons: The Background of Isaiah 40-66

This week I started my second Patreon series on Isaiah 40-66 (see here for my previous series on Acts). Just this week I have:
  • Looked at the Hebrew letters of Isaiah 40:1.
  • Done podcast commentary on Isaiah 40:1-8 in their original OT context
  • Made the patron video/podcast at the bottom of this post.
  • Tomorrow I will go public with a look at the Hebrew grammar of Isaiah 40:1
  • On Friday I look at Isaiah 40:1-8 again from a New Testament perspective
  • Saturday for patrons I will begin to post information toward a Hebrew for ministers book.
For patrons today I made this 22 minute video on two possible settings for the writing of Isaiah 40-66: 1) a vision/prophecy of Isaiah in the eighth century BC and 2) prophetic material from the sixth century BC integrated with prophecies of Isaiah.

Patrons are those who donate at least $5 a month to my Patreon.com page, supporting my daily podcast commentaries on Acts, along with the daily videos on the Greek of these same passages.

No comments: